1. 30 medium raw button mushrooms (about 1 1/2 pounds)
2. 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3. 1 1/4 cups shredded smoked cheddar cheese
4. 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, drained and diced
5. 2 tablespoons grated onion
6. 1 clove garlic, minced
7. 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
8. Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Set out a 9 X 13 inch baking dish. Gently pop off the stems of the mushrooms. Discard the stems or save for later use. Then use a damp paper towel to brush off the dirt on the mushroom tops. Do rinse them in water.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, smoked cheddar cheese, diced red pepper, onion, and garlic together. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Mix well.
3. Use a spoon to pack the cavity of each mushroom with cheese filling. It's ok if it pops over the top a little.
4. Press each cheese-stuffed top in grated parmesan cheese to create a crust. Then set them in the baking dish, cheese-side-up. (It's ok if they are tightly fitted in the baking dish, because they will shrink while baking.)
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the tops are puffed and golden. Serve warm.